Fur-Ever Fosters is an all-volunteer small dog rescue that operates in the Michiana area. Although we do not take in large breed dogs, we will do everything we can to help you rehome your pet whether that would be with another rescue or one of our fosters until permanent placement is found. If you are in search of a large breed dog, we work with a few shelters and many rescues who may have what you are looking for.
The mission of Fur-Ever Fosters is to rescue small animals from high kill shelters, owner surrenders and all abandoned/orphaned baby animals, provide loving foster homes whether it be fur-ever or temporary until a more permanent one can be found, to promote and facilitate responsible pet ownership, and to intervene in cases of animal cruelty.
We fulfill our mission by providing:
* Safe, clean and efficient transportation of animals in danger of being euthanized before their time expires at their shelter.
* Education to the communities around high kill shelters about proper animal healthcare and the long term benefits of spaying and neutering
* Assistance with spay and neuter options by helping find low-cost clinics, filling out the paperwork for free or low-cost programs and transportation to appointments.
* Assistance with vaccines and medications to low-income families in order to prevent the onset and spread of diseases.
The spectrum of services involved in Fur-Ever Fosters, including but not limited to:
* Networking with national and regional rescues, as well as shelters, advocacy organizations, and breed specific clubs;
* Conducting intake services where possible to process and transport animals that have been abused, abandoned at shelters, or released for adoption by owners who are unable to keep them;
* Collaborating with veterinarians and behaviorists to provide screening, sterilization, vaccinations, and other minor medical attention to animals being transported to non-kill establishments;
* Raising funds to support the above activities.